Vegetables to lose weight
Have you been struggling to gain weight and trying hard to stick to your calorie goals? Meal prep is one of the great ways to plan your diet. To help you achieve your mass-building goals, the following are some simple and healthy recipes.
BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Toast
- Five sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- 4 oz Trifecta chicken breasts
- 1 diced red onion
- 1/3 cup of fresh coriander
- 2/3 cup of low-fat Mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Microwave the sweet potatoes for around 5 minutes.
- Shred the chicken into small pieces using two forks.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the onions, chicken, and BBQ sauce together.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, cut them into large strips to use as the base of the toast. Grill the sweet potatoes on the skillet until golden brown. Top the toast with the mozzarella cheese and let it melt.
- Add the chicken and onion mixture. Garnish with fresh cilantro and have fun gaining weight!
Paleo Curried Chicken Salad
- 16 oz Trifecta chicken, cubed
- 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp (about 2 stalks) chopped scallion
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop Trifecta chicken into small pieces and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add carrots and raisins, and chopped scallions to the bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, toss mayo, vinegar, apricot preserves, and curry powder. Stir continuously until evenly blended.
- Season with pepper and salt.
Bonus Tips: Double check your preserve ingredients and mayo to confirm they are paleo-friendly. For keto, increase the fat content by adding a small amount of oil or some slivered almonds to the dish to gain weight while maintaining your health goals.
Strawberry Watermelon Protein Shake
- ¾ fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup diced watermelon
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Blend all of the ingredients on high together using a blender. Enjoy a yummy way to gain weight!
High-Protein French Toast
- 6 slices of high protein bread
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp peanut butter powder or almond butter powder
- In a dish, combine the whole egg, egg whites, dairy-free milk, ginger, cinnamon, almond powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients together to evenly combine them.
- Heat the skillet over medium flame; while heating, dip the bread into the batter on both sides and soak for 60 seconds, making sure it is thoroughly saturated with the batter.
- Spray the nonstick pan with cooking spray and place in the toast; maintain a medium heat throughout the cooking time. Don’t let the French toast burn.
- Flip the toast when one side is crispy lightly and browned, about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Finally, remove from the skillet once each side is golden brown to get one step closer to gain weight.
These simple and healthy recipes are perfect when you want to fill your growling stomach. And, of course, the added nutritious ingredients in these dishes will help you gain weight! So, try these delicious treats out and let your taste buds be grateful to you! Happy healthy eating!